This page lists known issues (and possible issues) with FDTD++. These are considered to be relatively minor issues, with known workarounds. Therefore, they do not warrant releasing a new version of FDTD++ and should be fixed in the next major release.
- The opening line to a materials file ("material n") must not contain extra whitespace ("material n", "material n ", etc.).
- Unpacking the FDTD++ .tgz file on Windows will not unpack all of the directories correctly (e.g., the aux/ directory). This issue will be corrected in the next release or update of FDTD++.
- The simulation parameters nxprocs, nyprocs, and nzprocs must be set in the parameters file for all parallel simulations. These will be automatically calculated in the next release of FDTD++, if they are not set.
- Running in serial can only be accomplished using a serial compilation (see here). Compiling in parallel and running in serial will throw an error.
- Running without arguments (i.e., a parameters file, materials file, and geometries file) will throw a segmentation fault. In the next release of FDTD++, absent arguments will default to default parameters, etc.
- An epsr < 1 in the materials file requires a smaller Courant factor -- see here
- Field profiles generated with SILO displays blank/white spaces where sub-domains (i.e., those from separate processes (processors) meet)